Be Thou My Vision: Hymn Improvisation


Last night I listened as a multitude of voices lifted up their song in praise to God. The hymn they sang was this one, "Be Thou My Vision."  

The words to this hymn text are stirring, reminiscent of John 12:20-21. These verses state, "And there were certain Greeks among them that came up to worship at the feast: The same came therefore to Philip, which was of Bethsaida of Galilee, and desired him, saying, Sir, we would see Jesus."

For the Christian, seeing Jesus is a daily goal. As we open up God's Word, we "see Jesus," as it were, on the pages of Scripture.  How all of our vision each day must be shaped by this One Who longs to transform us into His image by His grace!

The link below provides a hymn improvisation I recorded on this beloved melody:  

Be Thou My Vision Hymnprovisation



Comments